“HTTP request status” in Drupal 6.x on localhost
I just set up XAMPP on my Vista x64 PC and found that after installing Drupal 6 that the status report was throwing up an error.
HTTP request status
Your system or network configuration does not allow Drupal to access web pages, resulting in reduced functionality. This could be due to your webserver configuration or PHP settings, and should be resolved in order to download information about available updates, fetch aggregator feeds, sign in via OpenID, or use other network-dependent services.
- Open up the hosts file which is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in notepad
- You should find a line like the following at the bottom:
- Add a # in front of it to make it look like this:
- Save the file and close notepad.
- Refresh the status page in Drupal and the error should be gone. This should work without a restart, but if it doesn’t work without a restart it is worth a try.