I have upgraded the blog from running Wordpress 3 with the Akismet and WP Super Cache plugins to Drupal 6. Quite surprisingly, it was very simple.
I wasn't doing anything special with Wordpress which made the transfer of data over to Drupal fairly easy. The Wordress Import module does all the hard work and imports all posts/pages from Wordpress from an XML export you can do from the Wordpress dashboard. Wordpress Import handles taxonomy and users too. Images with working links were copied over without fuss.
I have come across the problem a couple of times now and have come across someone else looking for the same things on IRC where you want to have a different view for parent terms and child terms.
Although this probably can be done in Views, I am none the wiser on how to do it and neither were any of the participants on IRC. So my work around is to use Panels taking advantage of Ctools contexts.
I came across a problem with a panels page when I check the "Disable Drupal blocks/regions" box, the sidebars are supposed to disappear so that the content takes the full width. But it didn't work.
Switching back to Garland and the sidebars disappeared as expected. After a quick search, I found this post on drupal.org which is the same issue but one of the replies essentially says to hack core to get it to work, but that is not necessary.
I have been working on a import script to import products from a previous custom Drupal module in to Ubercart. For this I have been using the Batch API to handle the large amounts of data. Upon trying to import some products using drupal_execute(), I came to realise that drupal_execute() can not be run in during a batch operation using Batch API.
So I ended up creating the node using node_save() which created the basic product.
I have just come across a great example of how not to deal with users logging in or registering for a site with T-Mobile (UK).
I am on my second phone with them and had an account with them for the original phone, so I tried logging in using my username which I had in an email and my password. It wasn't having it.
So I tried the forgotten password route. This asked for my mobile number and my username. Entered my original number and username. Nope. Entered my new number and username. Nope.
So I tried the forgotten username + password route. This asks for your name, phone number and email. I entered all this information using my original phone number. Nope. Tried again with my new phone number. Nope.